VICIVISION MTL EVO Series
MTL 300 Evo MTL 500 Evo
The VICIVISION MTL 300 and 500 Evo Series have been designed to operate in more aggressive production
environments. Its design includes a perimetral cover and wide front access, which provides maximum protection from dirt and reduces the cleaning operations to a minimum.
The MTL Evo Series consists of a strong frame made up of a single-block column in aluminium fusion with
appropriate stiffening ribs. On the column slides a vertical carriage that drives the optical system and the upper
fixing tailstocks of the piece. The system is strongly fixed to the machine basement on which levelling feet are
All the working processes of mechanical parts are executed on CNC work centres in only one placing, in order to avoid misalignments caused by repositioning of the elements.
The configuration of the rollaway mobile optic unit containing the video camera and illuminator underneath the
work bench provides maximum risk-free movement during piece loading and unloading and during operations that require keys or extractors.
The on-board presence of a step-master, consents instant and automatic feedback of the measurements taken.
The vertical placement of the element also provides maximum ergonomics in loading and unloading, facilitating the centering and fixing of the piece for rotation.
The MTL system effects measurement by means of a non-contact optical system. The system is made up of a
linear camera and a telecentric back-lighter, that effect vertical motions on the whole length of the piece.
List of standard measurements included in the MTL application:
• Scanning measurements (for acquisition of piece’s images that is being analyzed and find relevant references
inside it): vertical, rotational, piece beginning, piece end, piece rotation, timing (f.i. cams, keys), cycle repetition.
• Service measurements: intersection line-line, intersection line-circumference, plane, known diameter position,
• Diameter measurements: medium, minimum, maximum, turned, average sphere.
• Angle measurements.
• Radiating measurements (dimensioned ray, ray).
• Comparison measurements and mathematical calculation: distance, sum (off-set), difference, se., cos., tan etc.
• Thickness measurements: medium, minimum, maximum, turned.
• Measurements of diameters in rotation: minimum, medium, maximum, broken diameter.
• Angular position measurements: cams timing displacement, tab/key slots, loops, shoulder’s millings, broken
• Form measurements: roundness, coaxial measure, runout, cylindrical measure (LSC, MIC, MCC, MZC).
• Thread measurements: pitch, height, diameter (maximum, minimum, medium).
• Conical thread measurements: pitch, height, conicity, medium diameter
• Geometric measurements: rectilinear characteristics, perpendicularity, parallelism, symmetry.
• Measurements on hexagon (or polygons with a definite number of sides): key, asymmetry, phasing.
• Comparison of the profile detected with DXF